Friday, February 19, 2010

Working with Illustrator

As a beginner with Illustrator, I found the instructional videos very helpful. I am somewhat familiar with Photoshop and realized Illustrator uses a lot of the same tools. However, I learned quite a bit about creating and manipulating lines and shapes by watching the videos. For example, I thought it was interesting that you can change the number of sides or points to the shapes in order to get exactly what you are looking for. Also, I think the pen tool will become very useful considering you can manipulate as you like by just selecting a point on the line and then move it wherever. I am very excited about starting our project for Illustrator and I think it will be great to use in the art classroom!

I found "Selecting and Manipulating Objects" and "Scaling, Skewing and Rotating Objects" to be the most helpful videos considering I have never worked with shapes. I thought that Matthew Richmond is great at teaching step-by-step procedures. He explains everything very well, and made it easier for me to follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment