Friday, March 5, 2010

AED 398 Photo Album: The Principles and Elements of Art:

http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx206/mkmuraca/AED%20398%20-%20The%20Elements%20and%20Principles%20of%20Art/

I created a photo album in Photobucket that consists of the principles and elements in art. Each photo is labeled accordingly. I used photos that I thought represent the principles and elements. I used a lot of different functions on my digital camera to emphasize these elements. Some of the functions I used was black and white, color swap and the f-stop. Although I am not familiar with taking photos on a digital camera, I was able to use these functions just by playing with the camera. I have had experiences with 33mm cameras, therefore I know that to capture something at night or when it is darker outside you need to keep the shutter open longer. I adjusted the f-stop a lot on the digital until it was what I was looking for. Although I still struggled with some of the lighting, I found my photos interesting and creative. I love digital photography because it is so accessible. One of my favorite things to do is to photograph my friends and family. I find them to be interesting subjects that connect me to my art work and it also invites the viewer into my life as well. Furthermore, Photobucket is a great resource for documenting your photography. I have kept photo albums on other networking websites such as Facebook, however I feel like those photographs get lost because of the other features Facebook provides. This project has really motivated me to continue to play with my camera and find new things to photograph.

1 comment:

  1. you said "I know that to capture something at night or when it is darker outside you need to keep the shutter open longer. I adjusted the f-stop a lot on the digital until it was what I was looking for. Although I still struggled with some of the lighting, I found my photos interesting and creative." In order to capture the images you want at night you need a tripod, stability in long exposures is important!

    ReplyDelete